Who doesn’t love the creamy rich taste of cheesecake? Its one of the most classic and versatile desserts ever created, so many different flavors! The calories in cheesecake though, is not acceptable in a clean eating diet, which is why I made a version that is! Why not have cheesecake stuffed in a muffin for breakfast? It is clean as can be, with only 1 1/2 Tbsp. agave nectar for the whole recipe! Gluten-free hearty flour creates a bulk of fiber to keep you full for a while. And the strawberries and a beautiful taste when added to the cream cheese and muffins, not to mention loads of vitamins and fiber! So replace these as your dessert when you crave some cheesecake, They will satisfy your cravings without the added calories!
Gluten-free Strawberry Cheesecake muffins
Makes 16 Muffins
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 2 cups oat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 2/3 cup mashed strawberries
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 egg whites, beaten (or flax egg)
- 6 oz. fat free/vegan cream cheese, softened (could substitute greek/soy yogurt)
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 2 Tbsp. agave nectar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flours, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl. Mix well and remaining ingredients, stirring well after each addition.
- Place ingredients for filling in a food processor. Blend for 15 seconds or until mixture is smooth.
- Add muffin liners to 16 slots on a muffin tin. Add 1 spoonful of batter on the bottom of each one. Then add a spoonful of cream cheese mixture. Add remaining flour mixture on top, then add remaining cream cheese mixture. Repeat for all muffins.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until muffins are done.
- All natural
- 100% clean
- Low glycemic
- No processed sugar
- No artificial ingredients