After seeing Emily posting about her the behind-the-scenes of her Instagram posts, we thought it would be a fun idea to do the same since a lot goes on before we post on insta. Instagram is our favorite social media platform to be able to connect with other bloggers through the best thing ever, FOOD! Before we get going, make sure your follow us on Instagram so you don’t miss a post 😉
1. Currently in love with Arman’s oatmeal recipes. They are seriously so fluffy, this one is vanilla cake batter. Don’t be fooled by the scarce toppings, plenty more chocolate chips and Power O’s were added to this oatmeal pillow. What if I told you that it took me longer than 5 minutes the shape that peanut butter “heart”, yeah, this is why I had trouble in shaping clay in ceramics class
2. Another one of Arman’s fluffy oatmeal recipes, I swear he is a genius. Dumped a little too much cinnamon on it but I’m not mad about it because I always add so much. Costco has recently redesigned their saigon cinnamon (the best cinnamon ever!) lid so if you forget to use the hole side, then you dump mounds of cinnamon on your food. Also the background to this is a romper, when you don’t wear nice clothes ever, you use them as a prop for your food. #collegeathleteprobs
3. We traveled to Nebraska last week for gymnastics and the hotel breakfast had no oatmeal, so sad I know. Luckily we brought some plain oatmeal packets with some sunflower seeds, chocolate chips and a packet of Justin’s almond butter, of course. Moral of the story, always bring oatmeal packets with some desired toppings when you travel! #always prepared
4. If you look closely, you’ll see a scar on my thumb. I am kind of embarrassed to tell you that a few months ago I (Rachel) was opening a can of pumpkin to make the classic PSL (#basic) and somehow cut the side and top of my thumb really bad and had to get to the ER to get stitches. Before I left for the ER I finished making the PSL (don’t worry, Bethany opened up another can)’s I could drink it in the waiting room, that’s dedication right there. I have the picture but I’ll save your eyes from that 😛
- Do you ever bring food/snacks when you travel just in case?
- Have you ever gotten stitches?