Craving banana bread for breakfast? Try this Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread N’Oatmeal Bake! It’s full of fiber and protein to keep you full and satisfied all morning! Also Vegan-friendly!
Me this morning: ” Oh hey big bunch of way overdue bananas! You seem like you need to be used up.” Maybe I should freeze them to use in a smoothie? Nahhhhhhh banana bread sounds like a better plan. Does that ever happen to you? You overestimate the amount of bananas you’ll actually eat and then they end up slowly rotting their lives away. Such a sad life for some bananas.
It doesn’t have to be though, if you are familiar with the magic of over ripe bananas. The more ripe the banana, the sweeter it is, and the better it is for baking. It’s like a win-lose situation, but the winning part is like a gold medal.
To all my banana bread lovers out there, this recipe is for you. No, you can’t slice it and eat it with your hands buttttt it’s still ah-maz-ing. It’s basically Spoonable (and swoonable) Banana Bread with mini chocolate chips. Mmmmm I love chocolate chip banana bread for breakfast. But here’s the problem: a slice of banana bread fills me up for maybe 5 minutes. Anyone else feel that way? Hanger is real #firstworldproblems
But fear not, because this Spoonable Banana Bread is full of protein and fiber, thanks to coconut flour. Yup that’s right, no oats in this bake (hence the word n’oatmeal). It’s not that I broke up with oatmeal, I just wanted to try something new. Now that I found the beauty of subbing coconut flour in place of oats for breakfast, it maybe my new favorite breakfast for a few weeks/months/years.
Only a few simple ingredients are needed to make this swoon-worthy recipe:
egg OR flax egg
mini chocolate chips
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread N’Oatmeal Bake
Prepare to fall in love with this simple yet crowd-pleasing breakfast recipe. Coconut flour subs in for oatmeal in this bake to make it paleo and grain-free. Studded with mini chocolate chips and walnuts, this breakfast will satisfy your cravings and hunger!
- 4 over-ripe bananas
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 egg (sub flax egg for vegan option)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or nuts of choice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mash together bananas and egg with a fork. Mix in milk and vanilla until well combined.
- Add in coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon, mixing until well incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spray cooking spray in a small casserole dish or an 8x8 pan. Pour in batter, spreading out top evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until top is golden.
- Let cool, slice and serve with almond butter and maple syrup.
- Adapted from the PRIME pursuit
Like This Recipe? Pin For Later!
You May Also Like:
Question of the day:
What’s your favorite way to use ripe bananas?