These No-Bake Paleo S’mores Protein Bars are a healthy, easy and delicious on-the-go snack! They only require a few ingredients and taste like S’MORES!
This post is sponsored by Vital Proteins. As always, all opinions are my own.
I hate to admit it, but I’m a sucker for store-bought protein bars when I’m on the go. It’s just so convenient when I’m traveling and know I won’t be able to eat a real meal. That being said, I usually go for Quest bars since I think they are the best tasting and don’t taste like fake chocolate.
My favorite flavor by far is the S’mores with ALL the chunks of goodness! We’re talking about the graham cracker chunks, chocolate chunks and marshmallow chunks! As you can see, I’m pretty obsessed with the chunkage. But what I’m not obsessed about is the expensive price. Almost $3 per bar? Are you kidding me? I’m a college kid, come on now.
I set out on a quest (pun intended) to re-create these S’mores Protein Bars. The first and most important step is finding the very best protein I can find. That is where Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides come in.
For those of you that do not know, collagen is a protein that is naturally found in your body. Consuming collagen promotes:
- youthful skin
- healthier hair
- stronger bones and joints
- contributes to a balanced diet and helps maintain weight
- healthy immune, digestive and central nervous system.
Now, compare that to your normal protein powder. Does it measure up? Nope. Vital proteins collagen peptides is the best of the best, with 18 grams of protein per a two scoop serving. Both the grass-fed and the wild-caught collagen peptides are unflavored, and can be adding in almost anything! It can easily be dissolved in both hot (think soups) and cold liquids (like smoothies). It’s super easy to incorporate it into your diet! Just scoop and dump it in whatever your heart desires. 😉
Paleo S’mores Protein Bars
Now back to these protein bars. They are so inexpensive,easy-to-make, and require only a few ingredients. They are the perfect healthy fuel for those moments when you need quick energy AKA when you’re hangry. Plus, they taste like S’mores! What more could you want?
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup Vital Proteins grass-fed collagen peptides
- 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers (get paleo- friendly recipe here)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows (get paleo-friendly version here)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- Combine first six ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together almond butter, maple syrup and almond milk. Add to dry ingredients.
- Using your hands, mix all ingredients together until a dough forms.
- Line a square pan with parchment paper. Add dough ball and press down until an even layer forms. Cover with a sheet of plastic wrap.
- Place in the fridge until firm. Lift out of the pan and cut into bars.
- Store the bars in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- *Recipe adapted from Tasty Yummies
Click here to learn more about the benefits of adding collagen to your diet!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? PIN FOR LATER!
You May Also Like These Recipes!
Questions of the day!
What’s your favorite kind of protein bar?
What’s your go-to snack?