Love all things matcha? Try this Coconut Matcha Oatmeal Latte! You get your caffeine and hearty breakfast all in one bowl! Vegan + Gluten-free!
I feel like I’m always the last person to hop on board with the coolest trends. Do you remember skinny jeans? I refused to wear them until everyone and their mother started wearing them. Did you ever try avocado toast? It literally took me soooo long to try it out after swooning all over it on Instagram. I could go on for days, but I think you get the point that I procrastinate to try new things. I swear that one thing I’ll never get into is Pokemon go.😝
I became aware of matcha because everyone on social media raves all about it, but I still wasn’t convinced enough to try it. I thought “it’s just another kind of tea, right? No thanks, I’ll stick with my coffee.” But like most things, matcha has grown on me. After Mind My Matcha send me some to try, I was hooked right away.
Matcha isn’t just another tea, it’s like the Simone Biles of teas. For those who have no clue what I’m talking about, Matcha is a special type of green tea grown in Japan and made from the full leaf. One serving of matcha tea is the nutritional equivalent of 10 cups of green tea. Woah!
If you think Matcha is something that would float your boat, you have to get the high-quality grade stuff from Mind My Matcha (Psssst You can use the coupon code AA20 for 20% off!). Their matcha is organically grown from the Nishio region of Japan and contains no fillers or additives. <<<<<< My kind of company👌
The first time I tried matcha was in a latte, and I fell in love. Being the oatmeal loving person I am, I thought it was a great idea to make a matcha oatmeal latte because oatmeal is BAE. I also happened to realize that matcha goes incredibly well with coconut and dark chocolate, so naturally I added them to the mix and oh my gosh, this oatmeal is heavenly!
You think matcha lattes are good? Try adding oatmeal. You get your caffeine and nutritional boost and hearty breakfast in one! SCORE.
Coconut Matcha Oatmeal Latte with Dark Chocolate Chunks
Hearty oatmeal is mixed with matcha tea, coconut extract and coconut sugar then topped with frothed coconut milk, toasted coconut and dark chocolate chunks for the most epic breakfast you will ever eat! Also gluten-free and vegan-friendly!
- 1 cup gluten-free old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 2 tsp. Mind My Matcha tea
- 1 tsp. coconut extract or vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 2 Tbsp. dark chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup frothed coconut milk
- Place coconut milk, coconut sugar, matcha and coconut extract in a sauce pan over medium-high heat. Whisk until mixture starts to boil.
- Lower heat to medium and add oats. Let simmer for about 10 minutes (or until oats soak up liquid), stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and place in a bowl.
- Top oatmeal with frothed milk, toasted coconut and chocolate chunks.
- *inspired by how sweet it is
Like This Recipe?? Pin For Later!
You May Also Like:
Question of the day:
Did you ever try matcha? If so, what’s your favorite way to eat/drink it?