Peanut Butter Banana Chai Oatmeal Scones combine an array of delectable flavors and whole ingredients to satisfy your hunger pangs and cravings alike! Vegan + Gluten-free
I’m coming in strong today by giving you 6 healthy recipes that include peanut butter. Be prepared to drool, swoon and be wowed by these creative dishes from me and my fave blogger friends! You can find their links at the bottom of this recipe 🙂
What’s your favorite way to eat peanut butter? Heck, I think I could eat peanut butter on anything. My favorite way to eat peanut butter is on top of my oatmeal with bananas, hence my inspiration for these scones. I’ve been eating this epic breakfast combo for such a long time that it’s about time I share it, in scone form😋
Scones are the perfect addition to a hot cup of tea or coffee. I’m team coffee all the way, except when it comes to chai tea. I love the aroma of chai spices so I even added it in this already awesome ingredient mix.
Back to the peanut butter; Not only does it bind the scones without the use of an egg, but it is combined with chai spice for a delectable glaze on top! A double dose of peanut butter ain’t never hurt nobody😜
In all seriousness, these scones are incredibly easy to make. They’ve got tons of sweet flavor without the use of any refined sugar. Just 10 simple ingredients that you most likely already have in your kitchen:
Peanut Butter Banana Chai Oatmeal Scones
These dense, moist and flavorful scones are drizzled with a peanut butter chai glaze for a drool-worthy breakfast pastry! Vegan , gluten-free and refined sugar-free!
- 4 chai tea bags
- 1 1/2 cup GF oats
- 1 cup GF oat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 Tbsp. natural peanut butter(make sure it's drippy)
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla
- remaining chai spice
- Cut tops of of chai tea bags and place in a food processor. Blend until tea is in fine granules. Set aside 1/4 for the glaze.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine oats, oat flour, baking soda and 3/4 of chai tea granules.
- In a separate bowl, mix together mashed banana, milk, peanut butter and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients and mix to form a dough.
- Add dough to a cooking sheet lined with parchment paper. Shape into a large circle and bake for 15 minutes.
- Take out of oven and slice into 8 even slices. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- To make glaze, combine all ingredients into a small bowl. Pour over scones.
Like This Recipe? Pin For Later!
You May Also Like: