Im sure all of you guys have been to whole foods (or should I say whole paycheck) before. Everytime I go I always guess the total before I go to check out and I’m always way off! Lasttime I went I only bought a few containers of yogurt, some cottage cheese a box of cereal, coconut flour and strawberries and it was $45 ! Yikes! Being a college student, I can’t waste all my money on one shopping trip, so I reached out to the fellas at Thrive Market.
For those you don’t know what Thrive Market is, its a website where you can buy whole and natural ingredients that you could find at Whole Foods, but for much cheaper! Its really good for people who go through their healthy ingredients fast and need to constantly restock. For example, I go through coconut flour like there is no tomorrow, and the high-quality kinds can get expensive so I opt to purchase it at Thrive Market.
Instead of being $6.49, this 16 oz. container of high-quality raw coconut flour was only $4.49! It doesn’t seem like a huge difference but it adds up quickly!
Thrive market is also great for ingredients that you really want to try, but are either too expensive in a normal health food store or hard o find. I purchased date sugar and raw coconut vinegar for the first time after not being able to find them in another store.
Original price: $7.99
Thrive Market : $6.49
Original price: $6.35
Thrive Market: $4.45
Just from buying three ingredients off of Thrive Market, I save $5.48! Imagine, if you go to Thrive Market for all your necessities, you could save tons of money!
I was so excited when I purchased these ingredients from Thrive Market so naturally, I made these simple and delicious cookies! The orange compliments the dark chocolate perfectly!
Click HERE to get the first 2 Months free and 25% off your first purchase at Thrive Market!
- 1/4 cup Coconut Secret Raw Coconut Flour*
- 2 Tbsp. Date Sugar*
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup orange juice (preferrably squeezed by hand)
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 egg, beaten (or flax egg for vegan option )
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (paleo-approved)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3. In a separate bowl, add in all wet ingredients. Whisk together until completely combined.
- 4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and combine well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 5. Spray cooking spray onto a cooking sheet (or line with parchment paper) and drop cookies by the spoonful. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- *I purchased the coconut flour and date sugar on but you could use any brand
- You can sub coconut sugar for the date sugar