Breakfast Desserts Featured Recipes

Banana Snickerdoodle Donut Muffins {Paleo, GF + Vegan Option!}

March 6, 2016

These Banana Snickerdoodle Donut Muffins are a delicious and healthy start to your morning with a big cup of coffee! You would never guess that they are paleo and gluten-free!

The only time I like going to the bank is Saturdays. You may wonder why, but after explaining, you will totally understand.

I always associate the bank with donuts because the bank that I go (at home) to always gives out fresh coffee and munchkins on Saturday morning. It’s like jammed packed on Saturday’s and you literally have to get to the bank right when it opens to be able to grab a munchkin before they are all gone!Β

No wonder why my Dad always happily agrees to go to the bank on Saturday, what a smart man.

Just thinking about munchkins right now is making me drool. I love when they are freshly warm and coated in cinnamon-sugar, then i dunk them in coffee. You can’t have donuts without coffee, it’s like peanut butter without jelly. I don’t want to be biased, but these are some of the best donut holes I have ever tasted! I can’t believe how ridiculously close these taste to Dunkin’s Munchkins! These Banana Snickerdoodle Donut Muffins are so fluffy and moist, you would never be able to guess that they are healthy! You may never want to buy donut holes again!

Warning: these are also highly addicting and you may eat them all!

Banana Snickerdoodle Donut Muffins

• 1 1/2 cups almond flour/meal
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 eggs, beaten or 2 flax eggs
  • 1/2 cup ripe mashed banana
  • 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
  • 2 tbsp coconut oil
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • Cinnamon Sugar Topping
  • 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
  • 1/4 cup coconut sugar
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 350 and coat a mini muffin pan with cooking spray
  2. Mix together flour and baking powder in a large bowl and set aside
  3. Mix together the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl and add to dry ingredients, mix well
  4. Divide batter between 24 mini muffin cups and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until done
  5. For topping, Place coconut oil in a separate bowl and mix cinnamon sugar in another bowl
  6. Dip muffins in coconut oil and roll in cinnamon sugar

Β You May Also Like These Recipes!

doughnuts

Chocolate Strawberry Donuts

photo-215

Maple Banana Walnut Donuts

Make Sure you Pin for Later!!!

Banana-Snickerdoodle-Donut-Muffins-1 These Banana Snickerdoodle Donut Muffins are a delicious and healthy start to your morning with a big cup of coffee!You would never guess that they are paleo, vegan and gluten-free!

• Does your bank ever give out donuts?
  • What’s your favorite flavor of munchkins/donuts?

• Reply Sheeva March 6, 2016 at 8:55 pm

Put cinnamon and sugar (coconut sugar for me) on anything and it makes me swoon. This recipe looks delicious.

• Reply Kaila@HealthyHelperBlog March 6, 2016 at 9:32 pm

These are so cute and mini! Love how easy they are to make too. Delicious, wholesome ingredients!
    Kaila@HealthyHelperBlog recently posted…High Protein Veggie Bread [gluten-free + whole grain]My Profile

• Reply Sonali- The Foodie Physician March 7, 2016 at 7:00 am

Alright these look pretty damn amazing to me! Super easy and so yummy! Brings back memories of when I actually worked in a Dunkin’ Donuts one summer πŸ™‚
    Sonali- The Foodie Physician recently posted…Dining with the Doc: Coconut Cashew Bliss BallsMy Profile

• Reply Kat March 7, 2016 at 9:17 am

Mmmm these look like little bites of heaven! I love how they are the perfect size to just pop in my mouth πŸ™‚
    Kat recently posted…Cashew Chicken Salad [Paleo]My Profile

• Reply Hannah @ Hannah at Home March 7, 2016 at 9:32 am

Oh my gosh – these look so good! I am pinning this recipe to try later in the week! I love to make muffins or little treats to enjoy with my coffee on the weekends πŸ™‚

• Reply Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious March 7, 2016 at 10:41 am

How good do these look! I can’t believe they have bananas too. Do people still go to the bank? I think the last time I went was a 3 years ago to get a cashier check for my new house. I do all my banking online now!
    Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious recently posted…Herby Edamame Hummus {GF, Low Cal}My Profile

• Reply Bethany And Rachel March 11, 2016 at 10:26 am

Thank you! I usually deposit checks on my wells fargo app now but when I’m not in college I go to my local bank at home because of those donuts!

• Reply Hilary March 7, 2016 at 11:03 am

I love that these are mini! They are so cute and anything including almonds and bananas are my favorite!
    Hilary recently posted…Trail Walks, Sushi, & DF Froyo Weekend RecapMy Profile

• Reply Teffy @ Sprinkle of Green March 7, 2016 at 11:24 am

YUUM! They look so unbelievably good! I feel like I just want to grab a load of them and shove it all int o my mouth haha. X
    Teffy @ Sprinkle of Green recently posted…Chocolate Chip & Pumpkin Healthy FlapjacksMy Profile

• Reply Emma {Emma's Little Kitchen} March 7, 2016 at 12:14 pm

I love these little babies! Anything with a cinnamon topping has my heart πŸ™‚
    Emma {Emma’s Little Kitchen} recently posted…Lemon Ginger CakeMy Profile

• Reply Diana March 7, 2016 at 12:27 pm

Nothing sounds more delicious right now than one of these with a cup of coffee <3
    Diana recently posted…How I Fuel During Long Training Runs + Weekly WorkoutsMy Profile

• Reply Natalie | Feasting on Fruit March 7, 2016 at 3:48 pm

Everyone loves free food, it’s a fact, that bank knows what’s up! But I want your homemade munchkins even more than the DD ones, so maybe you should open a bank and then I could camp out on Friday night to be the first to steal all the Banana Snickerdoodle Donuts πŸ™‚
    Natalie | Feasting on Fruit recently posted…Oil-Free Cinnamon Rolls (Vegan + GF)My Profile

• Reply Bethany And Rachel March 11, 2016 at 10:16 am

I wish I could open up a bank haha! Then I would give these donuts out everyday!

• Reply Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine March 7, 2016 at 4:06 pm

We have a DD right by our house and the people know us there so when I was a little girl and I would go in with my parents, they would always give me a bag of free munchkin…for being cute!! Hahahahaha!
    Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine recently posted…Chocolate Peanut Butter Power BallsMy Profile

• Reply Heather @ Polyglot Jot March 7, 2016 at 7:44 pm

These look great!! I guess I need to join a new bank!
    Heather @ Polyglot Jot recently posted…Vacation HighlightsMy Profile

• Reply Coffee Talk #5 March 8, 2016 at 5:00 am

[…] donuts and muffins have a raunchy affair to approve […]

• Reply GiGi Eats March 8, 2016 at 10:24 am

My mouth just filled up with drool – LOL um.. THat’s gross, but it’s TRUE!!
    GiGi Eats recently posted…You should CARROT About This Cake Cookies!My Profile

• Reply Ashley @ Fit Mitten Kitchen March 8, 2016 at 11:18 am

oh my gosh these are TOO cute! I’m all about snickerdoodle anything. But my favorite munchkin flavor (I’m actually a Timbits girl myself πŸ˜‰ ) is honestly the traditional glazed! I like the yeast style donuts a little bit more than the cake style.
    Ashley @ Fit Mitten Kitchen recently posted…Vanilla Bean Almond Pecan ButterMy Profile

• Reply Bethany And Rachel March 11, 2016 at 10:01 am

Thank you! glazed is pretty awesome too, heck, any type of munchkin is great!

• Reply Jenn - a traveling Wife March 8, 2016 at 12:50 pm

Yum! Yum! Yum! I love mini donuts of all kinds. Heck, I love all sorts of donuts. πŸ™‚
    Jenn – a traveling Wife recently posted…S’more Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwich [Gluten Free]My Profile

• Reply Patricia @Sweetandstrong March 8, 2016 at 6:15 pm

YUM! I love finding healthy baking recipes. And I personally think adding cinnamon to almost anything makes it delicious, I just love that spice! =)

• Reply Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health March 8, 2016 at 11:57 pm

What?! Your bank gives out donuts? I need to open an account there immediately πŸ™‚

These look amazing! I love that you combined banana and snickerdoodle. YUM!

• Reply Linda | The Baker Who Kerns March 9, 2016 at 9:47 am

Ummmm I want to go to YOUR bank! It sounds like your bank has the right idea. Mine gives out free pens and I always used to think that was so cool cause they are like REALLY GOOD pens. But now I feel fooled hahaha. But speaking of these munchkins! It is so cool that these are gluten-free and vegan! I don’t eat donuts at all anymore cause I just feel terrible afterwards with all the sugar and processed flour! Definitely saving these for later!
    Linda | The Baker Who Kerns recently posted…Moon Phase Molasses Cookies [V + GF]My Profile

• Reply Bethany And Rachel March 11, 2016 at 9:54 am

Hey pens are pretty cool too! I hope you get to try these, they certainly won’t make you feel like crap after!

• Reply Sam @ PancakeWarriors March 9, 2016 at 9:59 am

YUMM!!! Seriously munchkins are the best, and freshly bakes… drool!! I’m loving that these are snicker-doodle, I never think of that flavor outside of the holidays!! So perfect!
    Sam @ PancakeWarriors recently posted…Simple 7 Minute Salmon RecipeMy Profile

• Reply Gretchen | Gretchruns March 9, 2016 at 6:00 pm

Um that is a great bank you have there haha! I work for one and even I don’t get free donuts. These look amazing and i’ll have to try them out!

• Reply neil@neilshealthymeals.com March 10, 2016 at 10:58 am

Free donuts and fresh coffee from your bank? Wow! That’s never happened here. They’re only interesting in taking your money, not giving you anything ins return.

If they were serving up sweet things as nice as there, I wouldn’t complain so much!! πŸ™‚
    neil@neilshealthymeals.com recently posted…Mediterranean Breakfast Egg MuffinsMy Profile

• Reply Marla March 11, 2016 at 12:37 pm

Hi Bethany & Rachel,
    Sounds like a healthy tasty snack. Thanks for sharing on Real Food Fridays. Pinned & tweeted!
    Marla recently posted…β€œBottled Water: A Green Choice?”My Profile

• Reply Emily March 11, 2016 at 12:50 pm

YAY!!! Thank you Lord for yummy delicious muffins. <333
    Emily recently posted…TOLT: Trust And Intuitive EatingMy Profile

• Reply Rachael March 11, 2016 at 5:11 pm

OH.MY.GOODNESS. Is this real life?!!?! This combo sounds AMAZING!! I wish I could reach through my computer screen and grab one because they look unreal!!

• Reply Dana March 12, 2016 at 1:46 pm

Sign me up for these! Flagging this recipe and can’t wait to make them. Loving your creations, and this one is at the top of my list to try.

• Reply Shannon March 13, 2016 at 10:13 pm

YESS! This is amazing!
    Shannon recently posted…Orange Mug CakeMy Profile

• Reply Fried Parsley March 15, 2016 at 6:16 pm

yum yum yum! these look incredible πŸ™‚ Will definitely have to give these a try

• Reply How to use up spotty bananas - Apron Strings and Sticky Fingers March 31, 2016 at 7:16 pm

[…] Banana snickerdoodle donut muffins– via Athletic avocado […]