The flavor of pumpkin means fall and with the best season for baking coming around, I knew I just had to make this french toast roll-up flavor. French toast roll-ups are amazing, but even more amazing with a pumpkin ricotta filling. Full of fiber and protein , these are the perfect fall breakfast. Eat them with a hot cup of coffee and watch the leaves fall, ain’t Nothing better than that.
Click HERE to get your all-natural unrefined Cane Sugar!
Pumpkin Ricotta French Toast Roll-ups
Makes 10 Roll-ups
- 10 slices ezekiel bread/ gluten-free bread/whole-grain bread
- 2 eggs or 1 egg and two egg whites, beaten
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese/ tofu ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp. agave/honey
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unrefined cane sugar ( I used Chancaca)
- Take crusts off of bread and roll each slice with a rolling pin until flattened
- In a bowl combine pumpkin, ricotta and . Roll slices up and repeat for all.
- In a shallow bowl, combine eggs, almond milk, and vanilla . Mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine cinnamon and sugar.
- Heat a skillet on medium-low heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Dunk rolls in egg mixture, then add to skillet, cooking them until golden then turning over to the other side. Repeat with remaining roll-ups.
- Once out of skillet immediately roll in cinnamon-sugar.
- High in vitamins A and C
- High in fiber
- Rich in antioxidants
- High in calcium
- Contains many vitamins
Recipe as a whole
- No preservatives
- No refined sugar
- No processed ingredients
- 100% clean
Click HERE to check out other awesome pumpkin recipes!