I remember looking at a Rachael Ray magazine a few years ago and coming across a recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Crunch. I was so mesmerized how it had rice cereal for added texture and flavor and knew I had to make it. So I did, a couple batches for my sister grad party, for every family holiday party, every birthday party and so on. It was just that good, until I realized the ingredients list and nutrition facts were pretty scary. 450 calories and over 33 grams of fat and 26 grams of sugar for one serving! I used to eat about 4 servings at a time! Anyways, getting to the point of this post, that recipe was my motivation for this one! Absolutely no refined sugar, dairy-free, gluten-free, nut-free and vegan. I used Sunbutter for this recipe to keep it nut-free but feel free to use any nut butter!
Crispy Sunbutter Fudge
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter (I used sunbutter brand)
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp. agave nectar/maple syrup
- 1 cup gluten-free rice cereal (Like GF rice krispies or Rice chex cereal, crushed) or cereal of your choice
- In a large bowl combine coconut oil and sun butter. Mix well.
- Add in cocoa powder, agave and cereal and stir well until evenly combined.
- Spread coconut oil on the sides of a glass or metal cooking sheet and spread fudge evenly.
- Place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes, or until fudge hardens.
- Cut up into pieces and enjoy!
Sunflower Seed Butter:
- Healthy unsaturated fats
- Contains many vitamins such as Vitamin E and Magnesium
Recipe as a whole:
- Healthy fats
- No refined sugar
- No preservatives
- No processed ingredients