The three best flavor combinations are as follows: Peanut Butter and Chocolate, Blueberry and Lemons, and the best of all, Caramel and apples! I haven’t done a recipe with this amazing combo before so I thought I’d give it a shot! But I wondered, what can I make that is unique, healthy and tasty??? Did some thinking and came up with the idea of incorporating these flavors into a Napoleon-style cake, and boy was that a great idea! A napoleon is like a mini-layered cake, but this one, of course is 100% clean, all-natural, no-sugar-added, and a million percent out-of-this-world delicious! So if your looking to make something sweet,cinnamon, caramel, and crunchy, you’ve got yourself a true winner!
Caramel Apple Napoleons
- 2/3 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. honey/agave nectar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 egg white, whisked (or flax egg for vegan)
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 raisins, soaked in water for 2 hours
- 1/2 greek yogurt/ soy yogurt/coconut cream
- 1 Tbsp. crushed walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients for crust in a medium bowl. Stir well, or until mix is completely combined and smooth.
- Spray cooking spray on a jelly roll pan. Spread crust mixture thin on bottom of pan.Bake for about 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- Combine apple and cinnamon in a small bowl and microwave for about 3 minutes, or until apples are soft.
- Drain the raisins and place in a food processor. Blend for about 30 seconds, or until raisins are a paste.
- Let crust cool and cut into 6 even rectangles.
- To assemble place on rectangle on the bottom then layer with greek yogurt (about 2 Tbsp.) and apples. Then top with another rectangle with more greek yogurt and apples. Then add another rectangle and add caramel (raisins) and walnuts on top.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients for the second napoleon.
- Healthy fats
- 100% clean
- No preservatives
- No added sugar