Date-sweetened Cherry Pie Smoothie Bowl is so thick, filling and nutritious! Also paleo, vegan and whole30 friendly!
It’s soon hot out right now and I have no desire to eat anything warm aka oatmeal. I usually eat oatmeal all day everyday for breakfast unless it’s too hot and humid to even step outside, when that happens I know it’s time to switch to a thick and filling smoothie bowl.
Notice how I used the words “thick and filling” to describe my smoothie bowl because traditional smoothies do not fill me up at all. I need my smoothie to be full of nutritious and hearty ingredients to keep me full for more than an hour! Today’s smoothie recipe is a keeper, because it actually kept more full for more than 3 hours!
Now that cherry season is here, how could I not use them to make a wonderfully thick smoothie? I like cherries in two things: smoothies and pie, so of course I had to combine them! I usually love bananas in my smoothies to create a natural sweetness and creamy texture, but I didn’t want a banana taste to this smoothie, so instead I used Medjool Dates to sweeten this smoothie. Dates and cherries combine together to create for a delicious sweetness and ultra creamy and filling texture that you will swoon over!
What also gives this smoothie an extra “umph” is a quick and easy crunchy topping made in two minutes that consists of dates, coconut, and almonds. It’s like a raw granola and acts like “pie topping” making this smoothie extra satisfying and pie-like!
This smoothie is ready in 5 minutes or less and is made with:
All smoothie lovers will rejoice over this delicious Cherry Pie Smoothie complete with a homemade raw crumble topping that is paleo, vegan and whole30 friendly!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1-2 Natural Delight Medjool Dates, pitted
- 1 1/2 cups frozen cherries
- 1 scoop unflavored or vanilla protein powder (optional)
- pinch of cinnamon
- Topping (makes extra)
- 3 Natural Valley Medjool Dates
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- Add almond milk and dates to a blender and combine well.
- Add in cherries, protein powder (if using), and cinnamon and combine, add into a bowl or glass.
- Prepare topping by adding all ingredients into a food processor until "granola like" texture.
- Add topping to smoothie bowl and enjoy!
Like This Recipe? Pin For Later!
You May Also Like These Recipes!
Question of the day!
How do you make your smoothies more filling?