Whole 30 Spicy Chorizo Eggplant Bruschetta Eggplant Toasts are a great tasty entree that are filled with hearty, nourishing ingredients! Super easy to make!
How is the new year treating you? Have you been keeping up with your new year resolutions? My resolution this year was to clean up after myself, but you know it lasts maybe three days until I’m back to square one AKA a messy kitchen all day e’rry day. I know the majority of the world’s resolution is eating healthier, especially after a holiday filled with sugar, sugar and more sugar.
Some of you maybe lost to understand how to eat better, so let me help you out. I personally think that doing the Whole 30 challenge is a great idea to restart your diet. Don’t know what the Whole 30 diet consists of? you can read more about it here. To put it in short, it’s a stricter version of the paleo diet for 30 days. Basically protein + all the veggies💪💪💪
The Whole 30 diet is all about real, whole foods with none of the processed/artificial stuff. When searching for meat at the supermarket, it can be extremely hard to find whole-30 friendly versions that have no processed ingredients. Pederson’s Natural Farms is a company who is dedicated to providing superior quality, naturally cured bacon, hams, kielbasa, sausage, chorizo and more. Their products are certified humane, grass fed, made without the use of artificial ingredients or preservatives. No more dry chicken breasts and canned tuna😏
Don’t let the thought of the Whole 30 diet (or just eating healthier in general) scare you. There are plenty of delicious recipes that are made with whole ingredients like these bruschetta eggplant toasts!
I used Pederson’s Chorizo with chopped tomatoes, onions, garlic and basil and spooned it on top of eggplant toasts. This is the first time I’ve ever had chorizo, and I am never going back because WOW it’s so flavorful😍 #teamchorizo
Spicy Chorizo Bruschetta Eggplant Toasts
Seasoned almond crusted eggplant slices are topped with a spicy chorizo bruschetta for a unique and tasty Whole-30 approved dinner!
- 2 small eggplant, sliced into about 7 thick slices each
- 3 egg whites, beaten
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (16 oz.) package of Pederson's Natural Farms Chorizo, cooked
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drizzle of baking sheet pan with olive oil and set aside.
- Place egg whites in a shallow bowl and whisk with little bit of warm water. Combine almond flour, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dip eggplant slice in egg whites on both sides, then drench in almond flour mixture until evenly coated. Repeat with all slices. Add slices to sheet pan and drizzle more oil on top. Bake for 25 minutes, or until done.
- To make bruschetta, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Spoon over top of eggplant toasts. Enjoy!
Like This Recipe? Pin For Later!
You May Also Like:
Question of the day:
Have you ever tried to make a Whole-30 approved recipe?