Healthy Lemon Cranberry Peek-A-Boo Pancake Muffins are bursting with juicy cranberries and drizzled with white chocolate made extra easy with pancake mix! Also gluten-free and vegan options!
That awesome moment when you realize you can use pancake mix for making things other than pancakes🙀
Yep, it took me THAT LONG for the light bulb to turn on in my head. All too often I try to think of complex recipes with 7 types of flour when all I really need is more simplicity in my life. Simplicity meaning pancake mix instead of flour. DUH Bethany!
You see, I’m not logically smart. I may be able to tell you the name and location of every muscle in the the body (thanks be to God for enabling me to study for hours on end), but I lack common sense. I always do things the hardest way, then I figure out much easier it would be to do it another way.
Besides the point, just look how pretty these muffins are! The cranberries and lemon zest gives them an eye-pleasing pop of color.
You may be wondering why these are called peek-a-boo muffins. Good question, I’m happy to answer it for you. Two reasons: (1) I adapted this recipe from betty crocker and thats what they called it and (2) before baking the cranberries are hiding under the batter. When they bake, they pop out. Hence the name peek-a-boo.
It’s time to live it up until cranberry season is a goner. Be festive and go make these for you or someone you love! Here are the simple ingredients needed:
pancake mix ( gluten-free or vegan if needed)
vegan white chocolate
Lemon Cranberry Peek-A-Boo Muffins
Pancake mix serves as flour in these tasty, vegan-friendly lemony muffins studded with juicy cranberries and drizzled with white chocolate.
- 1 1/4 cups frozen cranberries
- 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 cups gluten-free pancake mix(vegan if needed)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- vegan white chocolate for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together cranberries, 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and lemon juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine pancake mix, remaining coconut sugar coconut oil, milk and lemon zest in a large bowl.
- Add muffin liners to muffin tins. Spread a little bit of batter on the bottom of each liner. Top with a heaping spoonful of cranberry mixture, then drop a heaping tablespoon of batter on top. Repeat until batter is finished (makes about 8).
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool, and drizzle with white chocolate.
- *Adapted from Betty Crocker
Like This Recipe? Pin For Later!
You May Also Like:
Questions of the day!
What’s your favorite thing to make with pancake mix?