CHECK OUT OUR FACEBOOK PAGE HERE!!!
My favorite muffin flavor is banana nut. There is just something about it that makes the world go round! My mom used to by the prepackaged banana nut muffins for my lunch in middle school and they were the highlight of my day (I hated middle school!!). They were no where near healthy, with artificial banana flavoring and a chock-full of sugar (yuck I do not know why I ate them!) I have made a few types of muffins the past few days so it was time to recreate something else. Banana nut munchkins came into my mind and they are amazing! They literally taste like a banana nut muffin transformed into a donut! No artificial flavoring or added sugar in here, just the good stuff! Wheat and Gluten-free and perfect for all you paleo guys out there in need of a donut!
Click HERE to get your all-natural Cane Sugar!
Banana Nut Munchkins
Makes 15-20 donuts
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. unrefined cane sugar (I used chancaca) or honey
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 banana mashed
- 2 tbsp. crushed walnuts,
- more walnuts to roll donuts in, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor. Blend for 20 seconds or until dough is form.
- Roll dough into 15-20 balls and roll in crushed walnuts.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Packed with fiber and protein
- Healthy fats
- Packed with many vitamins and minerals such as potassium, manganese, magnesium, folate, vitamin B6, C and A
- Plenty of fiber
- Natural sugars
Recipe as a whole
- All natural
- No preservatives
- No refined sugar
- 100% clean
- Whole 30