This Healthy Red Velvet Cookie Butter is a delicious and healthy spread on pancakes, waffles, french toast or mixed in ice cream or yogurt!
I noticed that gourmet nut butters have been all the rage lately and I can see why. They are so stinkin’ good! But they can have their downfalls, a lot of them are loaded with refined sugar, which is a no-no in my book, and number 2: they can cost up to $12 per jar! For those of you who don’t want to spend a fortune on these tasty products or are trying to eat healthier, this recipe is just perfect for you! What’s better than red velvet cake? NOTHING! Except this Red Velvet Cookie Butter! It’s so easy to make with NO ADDED SUGAR! It taste like the real thing in a sweet and luscious spread that is perfect on bread, crackers, waffles, pancakes, bananas, apples, you name it! So save some money and make this gourmet butter, you’ll swear that you bought it from the grocery store after one lick!
- 1/4 cup natural smooth almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 1/2 cooked beet, skin removed
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp honey/agave/maple syrup
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth, about 1 minute
- 2. Use this Cookie Butter to spread on bread, pancakes, waffles, crackers, fruit, you name it!
- 3. Enjoy!
- Healthy fats, protein, vitamin E from peanut butter
- All natural
- Non GMO
- No added sugar
- 100% clean
- Vitamin C, B6 and dietary fiber from beets