Mushrooms are good, portabellos are even better, but stuffed portabellos are the best! These big, meaty monsters have been hanging around in my fridge for the past few days, so I decided to make something with them, something creamy, something filling, something delicious! These stuffed bundles will satisfy meat lovers and vegetarians alike! These are a wonderful and filling dinner to satisfy your nutritional needs and taste buds! Think of them like a double stuffed potato, but mushroom style! It taste like garlic mashed potatoes are stuffed into these mushrooms, creating a creamy and in-your-face flavor!
Spinach and Garlic Potato Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 6 portabella mushrooms, stemmed and washed
- 2 potatoes, cooked and skins peeled off
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- shredded mozzarella cheese, or vegan cheese (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place mushrooms on cooking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Cook for about 20-25 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender.
- While mushrooms are cooking, Place potatoes, spinach, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper in a food processor. Blend for about 1 minute, or until mixture is smooth.
- Fill mushrooms with potato mixture and top with sliced tomatoes and cheese (if desired).
- Bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Gluten free
- Vitamins and minerals
- Low Calorie
- No preservatives
- Low fat
- 100% clean