Before a few days ago, I have never tried an other nut butter beside peanut and almond. Now I can say I went outside of my comfort zone and tried the incredible SunButter! I can even say I think it may be better than peanut butter (gasp)! The flavor is just unreal, so perfect and so creamy, I’m obsessed! I just knew I had to make a recipe where this beauty would shine through, and these muffins are the perfect thing! Who knew bananas, cranberries and sunbutter blend perfectly together?
Banana Cinnamon Cranberry Muffins with Maple-Sunbutter frosting
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp. creamy sunbutter
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
1. combine all ingredients except cranberries in a food processor and blend until well mixed
2. Put batter into a bowl and mix in cranberries
3. divide batter into muffin liners/cups and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until done.
4. Mix maple syrup and sun butter together and spread on top of muffins.
- High in vitamins E, magnesium, copper, niacin and zinc
- High in fiber and protein
Nutrition Facts: 200 calories, 16 grams of fat, 4 grams of fiber, 3 grams of sugar and 7 grams of protein per serving.
Recipe as a whole:
- All natural
- No refined sugar
- Natural sugars
- No preservatives
- High in fiber
- High in protein
- High in vitamins and minerals