Craving pizza? Make these Cauliflower Pizza Steaks! Super easy to make, easily customizable and they satisfy your pizza cravings! GF with vegan, paleo and Whole30 options!
Pizza takes a big pizza my heart every time I consume it. Ha, corny I know. But y’all tell me who on this earth doesn’t like pizza? I don’t like cheese (like I actually despise it) but I’ll eat it on pizza. Pizza is just one of the foods that you can’t go wrong with, hence why it’s at like every party you go to.
My friends, have you ever tried or made cauliflower pizza? I mean the one with the cauliflower crust that requires tons of time and effort to make. I’ve made it before, it’s pretty good but requires way too much effort when your pizza cravings hit you like a wrecking ball. You could always order takeout but when you’re in the whole food mindset, there is another easier route.
Insert these cauliflower pizza steaks. Remember those cauliflower steaks you saw popping up all over pinterest last year? Yup, they’re making a delicious pizza-fied comeback.
Cheese or nutritional yeast
Whatever else your <3 desires
So yeah, these cauliflower pizzas are such an easy and delicious springy/summer-time addition to your lunch or dinner! Any yes, even though they aren’t real pizza, they taste pretty darn close to it! The best part is that you can make it regardless of your dietary needs!
Are you vegan? Replace cheese with a non-dairy alternative and sub in your favorite meatless pepperoni! Paleo? Replace cheese with non-dairy alternative such as nutritional yeast! Are you on the whole30? Just sub cheese for nutritional yeast, either make or buy a complaint pasta sauce and buy a complaint pepperoni! It’s as easy as pie.
- 6 (1/4-1/2 inch) cauliflower steaks (I used two small heads)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- tomato sauce (hereis a Whole30 approved version)
- any type of cheese (vegan or regular) or nutritional yeast
- pepperoni (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place cauliflower steaks on a large cooking sheet. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper on each steak. Flip over and do the same to the other side of the steaks.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly golden. Take out, and carefully flip over each steak. Bake for another 15 minutes. Take out of oven
- Place oven on broil.
- Spread tomato sauce, add cheese and 2-3 pepperoni on each steak and sprinkle with oregano. Place in oven on broil for 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and slightly golden.
- *These cauliflower pizza steaks are easily customizable to any diet! For paleo, sub out cheese for extra meat and for vegan, swap out regular cheese and pepperoni for an approved version. For Whole30, use approved tomato sauce and pepperoni and swap out cheese for nutritional yeast!
Like This Recipe? Pin For Later!
You May Also Like: