Stuffed anything is always the best! Stuffed zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms peppers, the possibilities are endless (made stuffed versions of all of these . I mean i’m kinda obsessed with stuffing veggies that are already delicious with even more amazing fillings. Not quite sure of how I came up with this idea, but I’m pretty glad I did! It’s kinda like Autumn and Asian cuisine had a baby, a very sweet and savory delicious child! The flavors in this come together wonderfully, just like a perfect harmony! Make your taste buds happy and go ahead and prepare this dish!
Teriyaki Pineapple Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 2 acorn squash, cut in halves
- 1 lb lean turkey or tempeh (for vegan/vegetarian option)
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple juice
- 1 Tbsp. gluten free/gmo/low-sodium free soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill two glass pans with one inch of water and place two squash halves in each pan face down. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until squash is soft.
- In a stir fry pan on medium heat, combine turkey and onions. Cook for about 7 minutes, and then add pineapple and peppers. Cook for about 5 more minutes,or until meat is fully cooked and onions are browned.
- In a small bowl, add all ingredients for sauce and mix well. Combine with turkey mixture and mix well.
- Fill cooked squash halves with turkey mixture and bake for about 15 minutes, or until tops are slightly browned.
- Vitamins and Minerals
- 100% clean
- Whole 30
- Vegan/Vegetarian (if tempeh is used)
- No preservatives
- No added sugar