Enjoy something sweet for breakfast while satisfying your appetite with these Morning Glory Breakfast Cookies! Super easy to make + Paleo & Vegan friendly!
Don’t you hate those days where getting out of bed seems impossible? The night before you tell yourself you are going to get up early and workout, but when the alarm goes off, that doesn’t happen. First world problems right here.
This happens all too often to me. My perception on time is unrealistic and I often think I have more time than I actually do. Oh yeah, I’ll have enough time in the morning to make my breakfast, pack my lunch, feed my labradoodle, make coffee, take a shower and brush my teeth with 10 minutes to spare. That’s expectation. But when reality hits, it hits hard.
Rarely do I ever have time to do all these things in the morning. Either I forget to pack my lunch, or my dog goes hungry(so sorry Loralei). That is why meal prep is so great. Having breakfast already made the night before lets me sleep in approximately ten minutes more ( if you’re a college student, you know that sleeping in even only a few minutes more does wonders!).
Morning Glory Breakfast Cookies
Satisfy your early morning appetite and cravings at the same time with these naturally sweet breakfast cookies! Thanks to shredded carrots, shredded apples, and applesauce, they cookies are soft and moist with just enough sweetness! Loaded with flaked coconut, plump raisins and crunchy walnuts, breakfast has never been more glorious!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 egg, beaten (sub flax egg for vegan version)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot (wring out excess liquid)
- 1/2 cup shredded apple (wring out excess liquid)
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cooking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix together almond butter, egg, shredded carrot, shredded apple, apple sauce and maple syrup on a separate bowl. Add to dry ingredients and mix well to form a batter.
- Stir in coconut, walnuts and raisins.
- Spoon batter into 12 cookies on parchment-lined cooking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until done.
- Drizzle with white chocolate, if desired.
Like This Recipe? Pin for Later!
You May Also Like: