Paleo Cranberry Lemon Upside Coffee Cake is a sweet and filling breakfast that will go perfect with coffee! Hard to believe it’s healthy, grain-free + gluten-free!
So excited to share with you my take on this month’s recipe redux theme! The theme this month was to recreate a recipe from a cookbook and make it healthier! I chose a recipe from a Taste of Home magazine, since I don’t own any cookbooks in my apartment.
I found the recipe for this Cranberry-Pineapple upside-down Cake and decided to take the idea of the recipe but completely recreate it with different, healthier ingredients. Instead of regular flour, I used coconut and used honey instead of refined sugar along with many other changes I also subbed in lemon zest for the pineapple and decided to top off the cake with Homemade lemon curd! This Cake is perfect for Christmas morning breakfast, dessert, or an anytime snack!
Paleo Lemon Cranberry Upside Down Coffee Cake
Tangy lemon curd and juicy cranberries are combined to form this sweet and flavorful coffee cake! Topped with crunchy pecans, this coffee cake is irresistible with a cup of coffee or tea! Also gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free and refined sugar-free!
- 2 cups of frozen cranberries
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp honey/maple syrup (or can use 2 tsp nunaturals simple syrup)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 1/4 cup honey/maple syrup
- 1/3 canned pumpkin or mashed banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1. Place cranberries, zest and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir until the cranberries "pop" and create a compote, set aside
- 2. In a medium size bowl, mix together eggs, milk, honey,pumpkin, and vanilla, combine well
- 3. Add the cinnamon, baking soda and flour to the wet ingredients, combine well
- 4. Spray cooking spray on the bottom of a 9 inch cake pan or 8x8 pan.
- 5. Spread Cranberry compote evenly on the bottom of the pan
- 6. Spoon batter on top of the compote
- 7. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until done
- 8. Top with Lemon Curd (recipe below) and pecans, if desired!
- *Adapted from Beauty and the Foodie
Merry Christmas!!! Hope you all have a blessed Holiday with your families as we celebrate the birth of our Savior! 🙂
<div class=’InLinkzContainer’ id=’471159′ >
<a rel=’nofollow’ href=”http://new.inlinkz.com/luwpview.php?id=471159″ title=”click to view in an external page.”>An InLinkz Link-up</a></div>