These Chocolate Peppermint Zucchini Pancakes will become your new favorite pancakes! Not only are they gluten-free, vegan, and have hidden veggies, but they are full of chocolate peppermint deliciousness!
I don’t know about you, but whenever I see a peppermint patty, I just can’t resist eating one. I guess it’s the delicious combo of sweet dark chocolate and cool creamy mint that gets me, uhhh it’s just sooooo amazing! So what did I do today instead of eating a whole bag of my favorite candy, I did what all strong will-powered people do and made pancakes. Not just any pancake, but peppermint Patty pancakes! These are way healthier, and just as tasty as a peppermint patty, except in breakfast form! Boy I didn’t even miss those sugar-filled treats, I was completely satisfied with these babies! You will be tricking your mind into thinking that you are indulging in a calorie-laden treat, but your body will put those nutrients to good use!
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 cup plain or chocolate almond milk
- 1 egg white ( or flax egg)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 48 chocolate chips (can be vegan)
- fresh chopped mint, optional
- 1 Cup plain greek/soy/coconut yogurt mixed with 1 tbsp honey and 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl, except yogurt. Mix well.
- Heat a griddle/ skillet on medium high heat and spray with cooking spray. Spoon on pancake batter, add 3 chocolate chips to each pancake and cook as you normally would. Repeat with remaining batter ( should make about 12-16 pancakes)
- Top with yogurt mixture, Chocolate sauce Chopped mint, or whatever your heart desires!
- No preservatives
- No added sugar
- No artificial ingredients
- 100% clean