The classic childhood sandwich turned into a sweet frozen treat
Back in elementary school, I ate a peanut butter and fluff sandwich almost everyday for lunch. I loved having a dessert-like sandwich that was the perfect afternoon pick-me-up to get me through the rest of the school day. The only problem was, that this sandwich was super messy! I got fluff all over my fingers every day and required about 50 napkins to clean myself up!
While I was thinking bad to my childhood this morning, an idea pooped in my head that I should make this flavor into a delicious ice cream! Its a sweet, vegan and dairy-free frozen treat that will take you back to your childhood roots!
Fluff n’ Nutter Ice Cream
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 cups non-dairy milk (I used almond milk)
- 1/4 cup dates, pitted
- 1 cup vegan marshmallow fluff *
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter, melted
- Place a stainless steel bowl in the freezer.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a Vitamix or blender, and blend on high for about 2 minutes.
- Let mixture chill in refrigerator for about 20 minutes, then pour into cold stainless steel bowl. Place in freezer.
- After about 45 minutes, or when edges start to freeze, take out of freezer and stir vigoursly using a whisk.
- Place back in freezer and continue to check about every 30 minutes and stirring for about 30 seconds every time.
- When mixture is almost completely frozen but not quite, drizzle melted peanut butter and sprinkle on chopped peanuts.
- Then stir, breaking up the ribbons of peanut butter as they start to freeze, creating ripples.
- Transfer the ice cream to a covered storage container until ready to serve.
Linking up with Sprint to the Table for Strange but Good!