Chocolate is great, Strawberries are tasty, but you know whats even better? When they are combined into a delicious, creamy and sweet breakfast! This hearty breakfast is a take on a favorite dessert, chocolate mousse! Yes there is avocado in it, but you can’t taste it, it’s just there to make the oatmeal extra thick and crispy with added antioxidants! You can literally have chocolate mousse for breakfast anyway and still be eating clean and healthy! Full of vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and filling fiber, this breakfast will trick your mind into thinking that you are eating a decadent dessert, but your body will now the truth! So if you want to nourish your body but don’t want to give up on your sweet tooth, this is the perfect breakfast for you!
Strawberry Chocolate Mousse Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup oats, cooked in water/almond milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. avocado
- 3 Tbsp. chopped strawberries
- 1 tsp. unrefined coconut oil (like Skinny & Co)
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. maple syrup/ agave/honey
- Place avocado, strawberries, coconut oil, cocoa powder and maple syrup in a food processor. Blend for about 20 seconds, or until mixture is smooth.
- Add strawberry mixture to cooked oats. Stir well, or until mixture is equally distributed.
- Top with more strawberries and cocoa nibs, if desired.
- Healthy fats
- No processed sugar
- No preservatives
- 100% clean