I have always been wanting to try purple sweet potatoes, but I can never find them! Fortunately I had the chance to try some amazing Stokes purple sweet potatoes from Frieda’s Specialty Produce! These are non-gmo, organic and grown in California! Frieda’s is especially known for their exotic unusual (but awesome!) stock of fruits and veggies that are rarely found in supermarkets! I love that they have so many cool produce items to try, from banana buds to dragon fruit! Anything you could ever want and more! All of their produce is the highest qaulity! I can’t wait to try some new fruits and veggies from Frieda’s Produce!
Now onto the the recipe: Purple sweet potato pie Muffins! Don’t be alarmed by the purple color, I promise you that these tater’s taste exactly like regular sweet taters, except they are richer/denser, AKA better! Don’t get me wrong, I love regular sweet potatoes, but these purple sweet potatoes are on a whole new level! Especially in these pancakes! They help to sweeten and give great texture to these thanksgiving-themed muffins!
Purple Sweet Potato Pie Muffins
makes 10-12 muffins
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup/honey
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut
- 1 egg or flax egg for vegan option
- 1/2 cooked purple sweet potato, skin removed
1. Prehet oven to 350 degrees.
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend well
2. Add to muffin tins lined with muffin liners and top with more coconut and nuts (if desired)
3. Bake for 25 minutes, or until done.
Purple Sweet Potatoes
- High in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, vitamin C, manganese, copper, vitamin B6, potassium and iron
- High in fiber
- Low in fat
- Complex carb
Recipe as a whole:
- No preservatives
- No processed ingredients
- Refined sugar-free
- High in fiber
- Vegan (if flax egg is used)