Cool off your tastebuds with these Frozen Banana Cream Pie Bars! An easy to make, no-bake treat that’s made with wholesome allergy-free ingredients! Also gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan-friendly!
Coming in hot with another cold recipe for the summer heat! The heat can be too much sometimes but at least we can cool off with delicious frozen treats, right?
Before I get talking about these bars, let’s talk about food freedom real quick. While I am blessed to not have any food allergies, I know that a lot of you guys do. Whether it be to gluten, dairy, tree nuts, peanuts, eggs, soy, etc., it can be a pain to find recipes that you can enjoy.
We’ve partnered with the trusted brand, Enjoy Life Foods to shed light at the end of the tunnel for those of you with food allergies. Not only are their products allergy-free, but they are made with real ingredients and free of artificial preservatives so you can feel good about eating them. Their vanilla honey graham crunchy cookies were used in this recipe to help make it allergy-free friendly!
Ok, now onto the recipe starting from the bottom up. The crust is made by blending up Enjoy Life’s vanilla honey graham crunchy cookies and mixing it with a little bit of coconut oil.
Next up, the middle layer. Who likes banana ice cream? Isn’t it the easiest, most amazing allergy-free alternative to ice cream that you could ever dream of? That’s all this layer is comprised of.
Last but not least, the cream layer. Whipped coconut cream (or any allergy-free whipped topping) is mixed with vanilla extract, a little maple syrup and topped with banana slices and more crunchy cookies. Yassssss. So simple, so few ingredients, they make you want to scream for ice cream (bars).
Banana Cream Pie Ice Cream Bars
An allergy-free, no-bake dessert that everyone will love! Banana ice cream is layered onto a vanilla cookie crust and topped with a coconut whipped cream for a tasty and refreshing treat! Gluten-free, dairy-free with a vegan option!
- 1 (6.3 oz) Package of Enjoy Life Vanilla Honey Graham Crunchy Cookies or Crunchy Sugar Cookies for vegan option
- 4 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 4 frozen sliced bananas
- *1 cup of canned coconut cream
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Sliced bananas
- crushed cookies
- 1. Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- 2. Break cookies into smaller pieces and add to a food processor. Blend until cookies are fine crumbs, then add melted coconut oil and blend until smooth. Spread crust in an even layer on the bottom of the pan. Freeze for 30 minutes, or until firm.
- 3. Place frozen banana slices in food processor. Blend until creamy. Spread on top of crust.
- 4. Add coconut cream, maple syrup and vanilla to a bowl. Using a hand-held mixer, beat mixture until whipped. Spread whipped coconut cream on top of banana layer. Top with banana slices and crushed cookies. Place in freezer for another 3-4 hours (or overnight) or until hardened.
- 5. To cut, lift bars out of pan and slice into about 9 bars with a sharp knife. Enjoy!
- 6. Store in an air-tight container in the freezer.
- *Feel free to skip the coconut cream step and add any allergy-free whipped topping
Like This Recipe? Pin For Later!
Question of the day:
Do you have any food allergies?