Cozy Hot Chocolate jazzed up with the seasonal flavors of sweet pumpkin spice and tart cranberries
Y’all know hot coffee is my beverage of choice, but I can’t realistically drink it all the time and be able to sleep well. If I had it my way, I would drink at least 5 cups a day but that wouldn’t be good for many reasons which I won’t say on this blog.So what other cozy beverage do I drink that keeps me alert during late night studies without the caffeine???
Cranberry Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate may sound strange, but is in-fact a dreamy combo!!!
You all know how to make hot chocolate so I wouldn’t wanna just put a random hot chocolate recipe on the blog, but a new and improved fall-inspired hot chocolate that will make you addicted and all warm and fuzzy inside. But hey, don’t worry, it’s pretty dang healthy for ya too, so if your like me, you can make two batches a day for yourself and not feel bad!
Also shout out to Trader Joe’s for selling sugar pie pumpkins for only $1.99 and just being awesome in general.
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2.5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk (or other milk)
- Put Cranberries in a sauce pan over medium-high heat until cranberries "pop" and form a sauce (about 5-10 minutes)
- Add in pumpkin, maple syrup, pie spice and cocoa powder to cranberries, reduce heat to medium for 5 minutes and stir
- Add almond milk to sauce pan and stir well. Keep on medium heat for about 5-8 more minutes, or until mixture is combined well and heated through
- Divide hot chocolate among 2-3 mugs and top with whipped cream, if desired
Want more Fall Beverage Recipes?
- What’s your Fall beverage of choice?
Linking up with Sprint to the Table for Strange but Good!