Got a request by a lovely follower by the name of Darcydoo! She wanted to know if I could make a strawberry-rhubarb pie version of oatmeal, and I happily took on the challenge! My Dad LOVES strawberry-rhubarb pie, like I mean, If there was a whole pie in front of him, he would gladly eat it all. I think he is going to appreciate this healthy version of his favorite dessert for breakfast! No added sugar and no preservatives, as well as low fat and low calorie, this oatmeal is a tasty start to your day.
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Oatmeal
- 1/4 cup frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 tsp. Coconut oil
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 Tbsp. Honey
- 1/2 cup oats
- In a small saucepan on medium-low heat, add rhubarb, strawberries and coconut oil and stir constantly until melted (about 5 minutes).
- Lower the heat to low and add cinnamon and honey and mix well.
- While mixture is cooling, microwave oats with water for about 2 minutes.
- When oats are finished, add strawberry rhubarb mixture and mix well.
- Add strawberries and crushed pecans and ENJOY!
- Fiber from the oats and fruit!
- Calcium and vitamins K,A,C and E from Rhubarb
- Vitamins A,C,E and Folate from strawberries
- No added sugar
- No preservatives
- All natural
If anyone would like to request a certain flavor, please comment below!
Thank you! 🙂