Craving a sweet frozen dessert? Make these easy but secretly healthy Frozen Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Bonbons! They taste like ice cream but are refined sugar-free!
*post updated 6/30/2016*
These little bites were originally posted almost two years ago! Wow, time flies, doesn’t it? These peanut butter banana bonbons are the highlight of many family get-togethers, everyone loves them! I mean, how couldn’t you? Peanut butter-banana-chocolate perfection that’s frozen and coated in nuts and coconut. They taste like mini ice cream bites from heaven.
They’re super duper easy to make! All you gotta do is:
- Slice bananas
- Spread PB
- Freeze for 15 minutes
- Make chocolate
- Dip slices in chocolate
- Roll in nuts
- Freeze for another 15 minutes
Peanut Butter Banana Bonbons
These little frozen bites are the easiest dessert, and a total crowd pleaser! You’ll never believe that they are free of refined sugar! Also vegan and gluten-free with a paleo option!
- 1 ripe banana
- natural peanut butter/ almond butter for paleo
- Chocolate sauce:
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- crushed pistachios, walnuts, flaxseeds
- shredded toasted coconut
- Slice banana into slices and slather each piece with peanut butter.
- place banana slices in freezer for 15 minutes, or until slightly frozen.
- mix melted coconut oil with cocoa powder and maple syrup.
- dip slightly frozen banana slices in chocolate sauce and coat with crushed nuts.
- Place bonbons in freezer for about 30 minutes, or until frozen.
Like This Recipe? Pin For Later!
You May Also Like:
Questions of the day!
What are you making for 4th of July?
What’s your favorite chocolate combo?
Linking up for foodie friday!