Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Homemade Granola Bars are a healthy and delicious snack made easy with only 5 REAL ingredients! Also gluten-free and vegan!
Do you remember those quaker chewy granola bars?
I’m pretty sure you do unless you’ve been living under a rock for several years. Throw back to middle school when I used to eat at least 2-3 per day. My Mom would get a giant box of 90 from Costco so we were always stocked up with them. They used to be my go-to snack.
I remember how incredible chewy and sweet these little bars were and perfectly studded with baby chocolate chips ensuring that you got chocolate in every bite. Flash forward to 10 years later, and I haven’t had a chewy granola bar in FOREVER! I was seriously craving one so bad the other day that I had to give in and make my own healthier version. This is how the Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Homemade Granola Bars were born.
These granola bars mimic the Quaker ones without all of the added sugar and artificial sweeteners. You won’t believe that they are only made with 5, yes 5, REAL food ingredients! Let’s take a look at the ingredient list:
Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Homemade Granola Bars
Not only are these homemade granola bars made with 5 nutritious ingredients, they are also so easy to make! They are the perfect kid-approved grab-n-go snack or make-ahead breakfast. They are also gluten-free and vegan friendly!
- 2 cups dry oats
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato (about 1 large or 2 small)
- 1/4 cup almond butter or other nut butter
- 2-4 tbsp maple syrup (depending on your sweet-o-meter)
- 1/3-1/2 cup chocolate chips/chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 and coat a 8x8 baking pan with oil or like with parchment paper. Add oats to a large bowl and combing sweet potato, nut butter and maple syrup in a small bowl, mix well and combine with oats. Add chocolate chips and mix well. Place mixture in pan and spread evenly, bake for 15 minutes or until done.
Like This Recipe? Pin For Later!
You May Also Like These Recipes!
Questions of the day!
What’s your favorite way to eat sweet potatoes!?