I LOVE making and eating quick breads! They are the perfect breakfast, snack and dessert all in one! There are so many varieties, banana, pumpkin, ginger, carrot, zucchini, you name it, theres a quick bread for that. Today I wanted to take another route and make a strawberry bread. But not just a strawberry bread, coconut as well because coconut is good with almost any thing. This loaf is beautiful, not just the pink color but the taste as well. You will not believe that its gluten-free and has no added sugar!
Gluten-free Strawberry Coconut Bread
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 2 egg whites (flax eggs for vegan)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 Tbsp. unrefined coconut oil ( such as Skinny & Co)
- 1/4 tsp. coconut extract
- 1 Cup brown rice flour
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. Toasted unsweetened coconut
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine strawberries, egg whites, applesauce, coconut oil and coconut extract. Blend for about 20 seconds, or until mixture is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, chia seeds, cinnamon and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add strawberry mixture to flour mixture and mix well.
- Spray cooking spray in a loaf pan and add batter. Top with toasted coconut and bake for about 20 minutes, or until bread is finished.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes and take out of loaf pan.
- Slice and Enjoy!
- Healthy fats
- No added sugar
- No preservatives