It’s officially watermelon season, well, according to me at least! Who doesn’t love watermelon and it’s juicy and refreshing taste? Well I decided I wanted to make something really refreshing since it’s been so hot out, and that watermelon in the fridge was calling my name! I also made a lemon cream mixture to place on top of the watermelon “sorbet” to create a truly creamy, refreshing, satisfying and healthy summer treat! Plus these babies are so low in calories (40 calories per tart!!!) and perfect for “clean eaters.”
Frozen Watermelon Lemon Cream Tarts
- 2 cups watermelon
- 1 cup plain fat free greek yogurt ( can sub in coconut or soy yogurt if vegan)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. honey
- zest of one small lemon
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. chopped almonds
- In a food processor,blend watermelon for about 20 seconds, or until smooth.
- Divide watermelon equally into muffin tins lined with cupcake liners. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Mix greek yogurt with lemon zest and juice divide into cupcake liners on top of watermelon, top with chopped almonds and freeze for at least an hour.
Makes 10 tarts
- Protein and calcium from greek yogurt
- lycopene and other vitamins from watermelon
- antioxidants from lemon
- healthy fats from nuts
- no sugar added
- all natural
- low calorie
- low fat
- No preservatives
- 100% clean
- vegan if coconut yogurt is used