This Healthy Toasted Coconut Cashew Pineapple French Toast Bake is a delicious addition to your brunch or weekend breakfast and is so easy to make. It is also vegan, gluten-free and paleo!
Back when I was younger, one of the most exciting things that happened during the weekend was my Dad making breakfast. I’ve always been a pancake girl at heart, but every once in a while I asked for french toast. I’ve always helped him flip them on the griddle because french toast is a thousand times easier to flip then pancakes (can I get an AMEN!).
It occurred to me that pancakes seem to dominate on this site. Now I’m kinda over them (for a hot minute), and moved on to the other side of town, aka french toast. I feel like there aren’t many variations that you can make with french toast, so I needed to change that ASAP.
I decided to crust the french toast in toasted coconut and cashews because I like coconut and nut-crusted stuff. And by stuff I mean Salmon and Tilapia. So if coconut and nuts are good on seafood, they must be good on french toast (seems logic right?).
I felt like I going down the tropical route, so I thought that I might as well add pineapple and more coconut in milk form. So when you eat this you can imagine you are on a vacation in Fiji and sitting by the beach relaxing with your toes in the sand.
I mean, I may be a little biased, but this french toast is the ish, the big bambino, the cream of the crop, the latest fashion of the breakfast/brunch world! It’s vegan, paleo, gluten-free and naturally sweet and no one will know that it’s healthy. This Toasted Coconut Cashew Pineapple French Toast Bake is perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch with friends and family. No matter what occasion you make it for, I can promise you that this will become your new favorite way to make french toast!
- 1 cup pureed pineapple
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup cashew nut meal*
- 10 slices gluten-free/vegan/paleo bread of choice, cubed (I like this kind)
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- coconut whipped cream
- maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine pureed pineapple, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon. Whisk until mixture is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix toasted coconut and cashew meal.
- Spray a glass pan with cooking spray. Add cubed bread and pineapple chunks.
- Pour coconut milk mixture over glass pan, making sure to evenly coat cubed bread. Mix coconut and cashew mix in well.
- Bake for 4o minutes, or until golden.
- Top with coconut whipped cream and sliced pineapple.
- *to make cashew meal, add 1/2 cup cashews to a food processor and pulse until crumb-like.
- Adapted from [this recipe|
Like This Recipe? Make Sure You Pin For Later!
You May Also Like These Recipes!
- Pancakes or french toast?
- What’s your favorite thing to eat for breakfast on the weekends?