Flourless Mocha Brownie Cookies are a chocolatey, simple-to-make healthy treat that you’ll whole family will love! Paleo friendly with a Vegan option!
I just realized something, the cookie department on this blog is lacking poorly. There aren’t many dessert cookies here, mainly breakfast cookies. That’s a huge problem thats about to be fixed, thanks to this recipe!
Sure cookie bars and brownies are great, but sometimes you just want a big cookie full of gooey chocolate puddles that tastes like a brownie with a slight mocha flavor. Lemme tell y’all, these cookies are not for the weak. They have an intense chocolatey flavor, curtesy of a few key ingredients.
First up, dark cocoa powder. Like the name implys, this cocoa taste like dark chocolate and is crucial if you want a rich chocolate flavor.
Secondly, Dark chocolate chunks. ‘Nough said.
Last but surely not least, Queen Creek Olive Mill’s Chocolate olive oil. Yes is sounds strange, but trust me on this one. Usually when I think of olive oil I think about savory dishes, but these cookies are proof that olive oil deserves a spot in the baking seen. This chocolate olive oil is cold pressed with cocoa bean oil for a unique, delectable flavor. Now I normally use coconut oil in my recipes, but I swapped it for this chocolate olive oil. It adds extra chocolate flavor because we all know you can never have enough chocolate💁
These cookies also have extra pizazz thanks to a little help from my friend, instant coffee. But for some reason if you’re not a coffee fanatic, you can totally take it out if that floats your boat.
Here is what you need :
egg (or flax egg)
dark cocoa powder
dark chocolate chunks
Flourless Mocha Brownie Cookies
These cookies are jam-packed with intense chocolate flavor, have a hint of coffee flavor and are made with wholesome, nourishing ingredients! What’s not to love?
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 egg, beaten ( sub flax egg for vegan option)
- 1/4 cup Queen Creek Olive Mill chocolate olive oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp. instant coffee granules
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Mocha drizzle
- 2 Tbsp. dark cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. instant coffee granules
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Line a cooking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all brownie ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Spoon batter into 9-12 cookies on cooking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until done.
- Let cool. To make drizzle, Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and drizzle over top cookies
Like This Recipe? Pin For Later!
You May Also Like:
Question of the day:
Do you like brownies or cookies better?