Being the Veggie Monster that I am (seriously though), I always try to create recipes that are about 80% veggies to show people that vegetable are delish! Today I went far out and created a recipe containing 100% VEGETABLES (well ok like 95% including spices and oat flour)! Thats right! I’m on a mission to show people that veggies taste as good as they are good for you! These patties taste similar to Falafels, however they aren’t fried in greasy oil! No added
shit crap here! Just the good stuff (aka a vegan and vegetarian’s dream).
Garlic Spinach and Carrot Chickpea Patties
Serves 2 (2 patties each)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup oat flour ( or 1/4 cup oats pulverized)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, spinach, parsley and spices. Blend for about 30 seconds, or until mixture is smoothed.
- Mix chickpea mixture with grated carrot. Shape mixture into 4 balls and coat with oat flour.
- Spray a cooking sheet with cooking spray and flatten out patties onto pan. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until patties are golden brown.
- lean protein from chickpeas
- Filling Fiber
- No preservatives
- All- natural
- 100% clean
- No added sugar
- Vitamins and antioxidants