This Healthy Jelly Donut Mug Cake takes seconds to make and tastes like an actual jelly donut! This Mug cake is paleo, gluten free and has a vegan option.
There’s nothing better than a filled jelly donut.
I don’t care what anyone says, filled donuts are the best kind of donuts. It’s not that I donut (pun intended!) like regular donuts, but the filling is what makes a donut. I think my Dad agrees, he always says that jelly is the only way to go, he can be really wise sometimes.
What if I told you that you can make jelly donut in 2 minutes? Would you believe me? Well, believe because it’s the truth. You can make a warm donut fresh out the
oven microwave filled with a sweet jelly and topped with a cinnamon sugar glaze faster than you can say “I want a jelly donut.”
Oh yea, and it’s pretty dang healthy too, but that’s just an added bonus. If I didn’t make your day, I don’t know what else will!
- 1/4 cup almond flour/meal
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar or other sweetener
- 1 egg or flax egg
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 mashed strawberries mixed with 1/2 tbsp maple syrup or 1 tbsp of your favorite jelly
- 1 tsp coconut oil, softened
- 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- Grease a mug/ramekin with oil/butter
- Mix all cake ingredients together and place 1/2 batter in ramekin/mug
- Mix all filling ingredients and spoon on top of batter, cover with remaining cake batter
- Cook for 1-1:30 minutes in the microwave
- Mix topping ingredients together and top on cake
This recipe is Paleo, GF, DF and can be Vegan
Want More Donut Recipes?
Paleo Chocolate Strawberry Donuts
Pin for Later!
- Filled donuts or glazed donuts?
- What’s your favorite filling in a donut?
Linking up for Strange but good!