Gluten-Free Cherry Garcia Cookie Bars are a combine two delicious desserts into one decadent yet healthier treat!
Confession: The best day of my life is when I tried a cookie bar.
Cookies in bar form are so much doughier and gooey-er than traditional cookies too! They are slightly unbaked in the center, making for that irresistible gooey texture. Another great thing about these Cherry Garcia Cookie Bars is that they are made with a boxed cookie mix, making them super easy! Not any boxed mix though, Silver Fern Brand Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix that is gluten-free and made with high-quality ingredients like teff flour, flaxseed meal and coconut oil.
Cookies + Cherry and chocolate are a match made in heaven, which is why we added a chocolate frosting topped with cherries and Silver Fern Brand No Sugar Chocolate Flats! Talk about a perfect addition to a gooey cookie bar.
These ingredients for these cookie bars include:
Silver Fern Brand Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
Silver Fern Brand Chocolate Flats
You and your family will go crazy over this decadent yet healthier dessert!
- Cookie Base
- 1 box Silver Fern Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs/flax eggs, beaten
- Cream from 1 can full-fat coconut milk, chilled for at least 2 hours or 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2-3 Silver Fern Brand Chocolate Flats
- 1 cup cherries, pitted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 and line an 8x8 or a 9x9 pan with parchment paper.
- Add all cookie ingredients together and combine well, add to pan.
- Bake for 15-20 mins, or until done and let cool.
- Combine all frosting ingredients in a large bowl with a hand mixer until blended, spread on bars.
- Add on cherries and chocolate and slice into 9 bars, enjoy!
Like This Recipe, Pin For Later!
You May Also Like These Recipes!
Questions of the day!
Do you prefer bars or cookies?