I used to love going to Dunkin Donuts when I was a kid to get munchkins! So sweet and yummy, you could pop ten in your mouth in a minute no problem. There is a big problem with that, because one baby munchkin contains between 60-70 calories and 3.5 grams of fat ( Yes this the nutrition facts for only one)! I missed these guys so much but not the extra baggage that came along with them, so I knew I had to do something. So glad I came up with this recipe! In my opinion they are so much tastier (not to mention healthier) than munchkins! Chocolate and nut butter is the perfect combo, and in these donuts they are even more heavenly! So go ahead, make these and eat a few, you don’t have to feel guilty eating munchkins anymore!
Click HERE to get your all natural unrefined Cane Sugar!
Nut Butter Filled Chocolate Coconut Flour Munchkin (adapted from Healyeatsreal.com)
Makes about 15-20 munchkins
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 Tbsp. raw cane sugar (I used Chancaca)or honey
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- nut butter ( I used Earth Balance Creamy Peanut Coconut Spread)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend all ingredients in food processor until a dough forms.
- Roll dough into half circles ( should make about 30-40). Make an indent with finger in the middle and add a 1/4 tsp. peanut butter( make sure you don’t over flow it). Place another half circle on top. Repeat with remaining ingredients until you make about 15 munchkins.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until done.
- High in fiber
- Healthy fats
- Packed with Protein
- Healthy fats
- Rich in vitamin K and E
Recipe as a whole
- No preservatives
- No refined sugar
- All natural
- 100% clean
- Whole 30
Click HERE to check out my review on the most AMAZING Peanut Butter!