Who doesn’t love zucchini bread? Its so moist and delicious and an easy way to sneak in an extra serving of veggies. But what most people do not know is that it is laden with extra fat and sugar from 1 cup oil and 2 cups of sugar for one loaf! Thankfully, this recipe is just as delicious, but only sweetened with a little bit of honey and a dash of cinnamon. You won’t find any added fat in this recipe either , because it has barely any. Not to mention this recipe is only about 173 CALORIES (meaning you save about 150 for a regular slice). Plus its made in a mere 5 MINUTES! Whats not to love about this?
Fast Fix: Microwaved Zucchini Bread
- 1/4 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 egg white (can substitute 2 tbsp applesauce or mashed banana for vegan option)
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. baking powder
- 3 walnuts
- Place all ingredients in a food processor. Blend for about 30 seconds, or until mixture is smooth.
- Spray cooking spray in a small mug or ramekin. Add mixture and microwave for about 4 minutes (or until fully cooked).
- Top with chocolate-hazelnut cream, if desired.
Recipe for Hazelnut cream is on the link below!
- Can be vegan if applesauce is subbed for egg white
- no added sugar
- no preservatives
What’s your favorite healthy quick bread???