Vegan Hawaiian BBQ Sweet Potato Nachos are a healthy and hearty version of the classic that are perfect for an appetizer, lunch or light dinner!
Before we get to these nachos, let’s taco ’bout convenience.
Since I’m a college kid, convenience foods always catch my eye. College doesn’t allow for much free time, yet alone time to actually cook a meal. Let’s be honest, most convenience food (aka junk food and fast food) is NOT healthy which is why the freshman 15 is so real nowadays. Dear college students, I understand what you’re going through, I know how hard it is to balance your time and I know you probably don’t want to spend an more than an hour of your day to make food when you can grab it in less than 5 seconds.
I have some great news for college students and people alike who just don’t have time to cook but want to eat healthy, enter: Sweet Earth Natural Foods. Sweet Earth Natural Foods is an awesome company that specializes in convenient, plant-based, organic/non-gmo products such as frozen breakfast sandwiches, burritos and savory meatless grounds, all of which can be stored in a mini fridge and microwaved! The breakfast sandwiches and burritos are my new go-to meals that can be microwaved and made in less than 2 minutes, holla! The savory grounds are a perfect meat substitute for those meatless Mondays and perfect in these sweet potato nachos.
So back to the nachos….These are INCREDIBLE. They are not just any nachos, they are sweet potato nachos! Sweet potatoes take the place of tortilla chips for a healthier but just as tasty, if not tastier version of nachos. These flavor combo of these nachos is also unlike your regular nacho but I think that this Hawaiian BBQ version is insanely delicious and even better. What is Hawaiian BBQ you may ask? It’s basically BBQ with added pineapple which makes BBQ like 1000000x better and makes these nachos on-point.
Let’s see the hearty ingredients that make up these sweet potato nachos:
Sweet Earth Foods savory barbecue grounds
Hawaiian BBQ Sweet Potato Nachos
These sweet potato nachos are a delicious, filling and healthy version of your favorite appetizer, lunch or light dinner! They are so easy to make and will please everyone who swears that they don’t like sweet potatoes. You would never guess that these are good for you! They are also vegan and gluten-free!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into 1/8" thick slices
- 1 packet Sweet Earth Barbecue Savory Grounds
- 1 cup pineapple, finely chopped (can also used canned)
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced thinly
- BBQ sauce of choice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and coat a baking sheet with cooking spray
- Place sweet potato slices in a large bowl and toss with olive oil then add to baking sheet
- Bake for about 10 minutes, flip, then bake for 10 more minutes
- Broil on high for 2-4 more minutes or until sweet potatoes get crispy and let cool
- Prepare Sweet Earth Savory grounds according to package directions and place on top on sweet potatoes
- Add pineapple, pepper, onion and lime juice in a bowl and combine well and add on top of savory grounds
- Add cilantro and avocado to nachos then drizzle with BBQ sauce
Like This Recipe? Pin For Later!
You May Also Like These Recipes!
Questions of the day!
What’s your favorite way to eat sweet potatoes?