Cherry Pie Chia Pudding is a healthy, filling snack, breakfast or dessert that tastes like the classic dessert! It’s easy-to-make, vegan, refined-sugar-free and gluten-free!
I think I’ve probably said it 100000x before on this blog, but we hate pie crust. Okay, maybe hate is too strong of a word, but we both extremely dislike pie crust.
But yes, we both still eat pie. We just eat the filling and don’t touch the crust and pretty much act like it’s poison haha. The pie also has to be topped with a crumb topping, not a lattice, because pie crust😵. So I guess you can say we both like pie filling, not the whole pie itself. Let me just clarify, it has to be fresh homemade pie filling because store-bought pie filling is NASTY.
I made the mistake of ordering pie at a restaurant sometime last year and I was literally scarred for life because the cherry pie was filled with fake gooey, un-naturally red, and ungodly sweet. Yeah, NEVER AGAIN! So this brings me to my next point, just don’t ever eat store-bought pie filling, ever.
Okay enough pie ranting, on to this Cherry Pie Chia Pudding, as I just mentioned, homemade pie filling is boss, especially made with fresh, in-season fruit like sweet dark cherries. This chia pudding contains 3 parts to it to create a cherry-pie-like taste:
Traditional chia pudding base
No-bake cherry filling
Oat crumble topping
All ya gotta do is assemble it together and bam, you’ve got a healthy, delicious and filling breakfast, snack, dessert, or whatever-you-want-to-call-it-meal. It’s super easy to make and put-together, even for people who claim that they “can’t cook” (ahem my Dad) also vegan and gluten-free friendly!
- CHIA PUDDING
- 2 cups milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- CHERRY FILLING
- 1.5 cups fresh cherries, pitted and chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- CHIA PUDDING: mix milk and chia seeds very well in a bowl and let sit overnight
- TOPPING: Preheat oven to 350 and coat a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix all ingredients in a bowl and spread on baking sheet, bake for 15 minutes or until crispy
- CHERRY FILLING: mix all ingredients in a bowl and let sit for at least 10 minutes
- TO ASSEMBLE: Divide chia pudding between two bowls, divide cherry filling and add topping.
Like This Recipe? Pin For Later!
You May Also Like These Recipes!
Questions of the day!
What’s your favorite kind of pie?
Crumb or lattice pie topping?