Satisfy your donut cravings with these Apple Chai Donut Muffins! Full of chai tea and apple flavor without the grains and refined sugar! Paleo + Vegan
Did you ever have a flavor combo that you thought sounded kind of weird but you ending up really liking? Thats how I feel about apples and chai. It sounds like a strange but good combo and I didn’t realize how good it was until I tasted this Apple Noodle Yogurt Bowl with Chai Spiced Nuts. Hello beautiful marriage of flavas!
I then needed to make an oatmeal with this new combo, which turned out as amazing as I expected it to be(💁). I’m obviously not done making recipes with this flavor combo because it’s still on my mind every time I think of new recipe ideas. Apple-Chai Zoodles? Yuck. Apple-Chai Chicken? Nah. Apple-Chai Potatoes. Uhhhh……🙅. Apple Chai Donut Muffins? AMEN🙏
I’ve always been obsessed with the little munchkins from dunkin donuts, but these donut muffins are even better…..seriously.
And guess what? They’re a heck of a lot healthier than those fried balls of sugar. Its a win-win situation for you and me😉
Apple Chai Donut Muffins
Just think about it: a warm fluffy donut (muffin) filled with baked apple chunks and chai tea flavor, and crusted in a sweet chai glaze and dusted in cinnamon and (coconut) sugar. Is your mouth watering? ‘Cause mine is!
- 2 chai tea bags
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten (sub flax or chia egg for vegan version)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 small apple, finely chopped
- Chai Glaze:
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (or other non-dairy milk
- 1 chai tea bag
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- coconut sugar and cinnamon for dipping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut open chai tea bags and pour insides into a food processor. Blend until tea is in fine granules.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, baking powder and chai tea granules.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, applesauce, maple syrup and coconut oil. Mix into flour mixture until evenly combined.
- Fold in chopped apple.
- Spray cooking spray in a mini muffin pan and/or donut hole pan (I used both). Spoon in batter into about 18 slots.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until done.
- Let cool, then take out of muffin tins/donut hole pan.
- To make glaze, Heat coconut milk in medium-low heat in a sauce pan. Add chai tea bag and let simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Take out tea bag, squeezing out all the liquid. Add in coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Stir until coconut oil melts.
- Dip donuts muffins.holes in glaze, then roll in coconut sugar and cinnamon mixture, if desired.
Like This Recipe? Pin For Later!
You May Also Like:
Questions of the day:
Is there a strange but good combo that you keep going back to?
What is your favorite kind of donut?