Pancakes, pancakes, pancakes, that is literally all I have been thinking about this weekend. I have been looking forward to making them, but not all the unhealthy flour and butter that is in them. So I figured, how should I make my own healthy and clean version? I didn’t want to make regular pancakes because that’s what everyone does, so I thought, “why not make a oven-puffed pancake?” So I did and it was extremely easy and simple, not to mention the best pancake I have ever eaten in my life. This little guy is banana bread in pancake version, you have to try this, especially since it’s paleo and is all good!
Oven-Puffed Banana Bread Pancake
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 small banana, ripened
- 2.5 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor. Blend for about 30 seconds, or until mixture is smooth.
- Spray two ramekins (or other small pans) with cooking spray. Add pancake mixture to ramekins and slice other banana to place on top.
- Bake in oven for about 25 minutes (or until fully cooked).
- Top with high-quality maple syrup, if desired.
- Whole 30 approved (if leaving out honey)
- Natural sugar from honey and banana
- No added sugar
- Low-calorie: approx. 210 calories for the whole recipe (not including the syrup)!