I’ve been wanting to bake so badly lately! I didn’t have much homework today and I was beyond bored and it was cold outside, so it was the perfect baking day. I recently got a gluten-free flour blend from Ross and have been itching to use it and I had some super ripe bananas that I needed to use up so by popular demand, banana cake/bread it was. But not just any banana bread, one that is healthy and swirled with chocolate because chocolate makes everything better! Not to mention that it is gluten-free, dairy-free, clean and capable of being vegan!
Chocolate Banana Swirl Cake
- 1 1/2 cup Gluten-free flour
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. agave nectar/maple syrup
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 eggs, beaten or 2 flax eggs
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 Tbsp. agave nectar/maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. of coconut sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl combine banana, vanilla, agave, milk and eggs. Mix well.
- Add banana mixture to flour mixture, stirring well and scraping the bottom of the bowl to make sure all the flour is combined.
- Divide batter equally into 2 bowls.
- In one bowl, add the cocoa powder, coconut oil and agave. Mix well.
- Spray cooking spray in a loaf pan. Pour 1/2 of the chocolate mixture on the bottom of the loaf pan and pour 1/2 of the other mixture on the other 1/2 of the bottom. Repeat for the remaining batter, except pouring the chocolate mixture on top of the other mixture and vise versa.
- Using a tooth pick, swirl the batter, mixing the chocolate and banana layer together.
- Bake for about 3o minutes, or until done.
- Sprinkle coconut sugar evenly on top of cake and place in oven for another 5 minutes.
- Contains many vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B6, manganese, vitamin C, biotin, potassium and copper
- High in fiber
Recipe as a Whole:
- All-natural ingredients
- No refined sugar
- No preservatives
- No processed ingredients
- No artificial ingredients
- High fiber
- Natural sugars
- Chockfull of vitamins and minerals
- Vegan (if using flax egg)