Flourless Pecan Apple Cake is fluffy and moist made with only 8 real ingredients and topped with a cinnamon frosting! You would never believe it’s healthy!Paleo + Vegan option!
It was only a matter of time before I made a apple version of my favorite cake recipe. I swear my mind is like a broken record when coming up with new recipe ideas. I just keep coming back to this flourless cake base but I’m not too concerned about it😏
HOLA fall season, which means apples are in abundance and baking increases. Pumpkin is usually the star of this season, but let’s not forget the beauty of the apple. To give apples their proper recognition, I made them the star of this cake. Instead of almond butter (which I normally use), I made pecan butter because pecans and apples go tougher like pb and j.
To top it all off, this cake is complete with a fluffy, sweet cinnamon frosting made from coconut cream. It’s a great addition to this cake, but if you want to skip it all together I wouldn’t judge you either. A naked cake still tastes fab.
egg (or flax egg)
Flourless Pecan Apple Cake with Cinnamon Frosting
This pecan apple snack cake is completely flourless and made with only 8 real food ingredients! It’s topped with a creamy cinnamon frosting and makes the perfect healthy dessert or snack! It’s naturally sweet and completely paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free and grain-free. Also a vegan option!
- 1 cup pecan butter*
- 1 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 egg, beaten (sub flax egg for vegan option)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 small apple, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut cream ( can also sub cream cheese)
- 2 Tbsp.pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Toasted chopped pecans for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl until mixture is smooth.
- Spread batter into 9x9 or 8x8 square pan sprayed with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until done. Let cool.
- Place all ingredients for frosting in a large bowl. Use a handheld mixer to whisk until fluffy. Spread on top of cooled cake. Sprinkle toasted pecans on top
- Slice into 9 pieces.
- *To make pecan butter, place 2 cups of chopped pecans in a food processor until butter forms
Like This Recipe? Pin For Later!
You May Also Like:
Question of the day:
Which do you prefer: Apples or pumpkin when it comes to baking?