So after practice I was craving something chocolatey, but did want to ruin my clean diet with a bar of preservatives and empty calories. There happened to be a Snickers candy bar in the cupboard and I was curious to see the ingredients listed on it. Well it looked kinda like this: sugar, sugar ,more sugar, artificial ingredients, trans fats, empty calories yada yada yada. Looking at it made me sick so I decided to make some clean healthy treats using ingredients that my body can benefit from. And TADA!!! a nice and healthy chocolatey treat that will give you satisfaction after one bite!!
Raw Chocolate Fruit and Nut Balls
- 4 prunes
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup mixed nuts
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa nibs
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- Put all ingredients (except chocolate coating) in a food processor and pulse until mixture is smooth (about 1 minute).
- Roll up mixture into little balls and place on parchment paper.
- For the chocolate, melt the coconut oil in microwave for about 30 seconds (or until fully melted).
- Add the cocoa powder and maple syrup and mix thoroughly.
- Dip the fruit and nut balls into the chocolate and coat well.
- Place in fridge for about 30 minutes to harden.