I absolutely love all the different flavors of the holidays and Gingerbread is especially one of my favorites. Because christmas is creeping up on us, I wanted to make a holiday-themed recipe. I love granola and enjoy eating it with yogurt but I am cautious when buying it because it usually contains loads of sugar. So I made my own without all the added sugar. Cranberries are also an awesome holiday flavor so I combined that with the gingerbread. And voila, the most perfect holiday inspired granola! You can give this granola as presents in little glass jars!
Cranberry Gingerbread Spice Granola
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. molasses (maple syrup or honey could also work)
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 Tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries/raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread oats on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for about 10 minutes, or until slightly toasted.
- In a small sauce pan add frozen cranberries and place on medium low heat. Stir constantly for about 10 minutes, or until cranberries defrost and start to pop.
- Add molasses and apple sauce and lower heat. Stir constantly for about 5 more minutes.
- In a large bowl add oats and remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Add cranberry mixture and stir well, making sure everything is evenly coated.
- Spread on a cooking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until done.
- Vitamins C & E
Recipe as a whole:
- No preservatives
- No processed ingredients
- Refined sugar-free
- High in fiber
- High in antioxidants