Soft-Baked Frosted Chai Pumpkin Cookies will be your new go-to fall dessert or snack! Healthy, fluffy, full of pumpkin-chai flavor and complete with a chai frosting! Paleo & Vegan friendly
Did someone say it was pumpkin season?😏
Regardless of what month it is, pumpkin has a special place in my heart. It’s one of my favorite ingredients to bake with because it adds moisture, makes baked goods fluffy and tastes like fall.
This recipe was inspired by a cream cheese frosted pumpkin cookie recipe that my mom sometimes makes. These cookies actually taste pretty similar, but are made with ingredients that are polar opposite.
Another thing that comes to mind when I think of fall is warm beverages. Chai tea is one of my favorites to sip when the weather gets chilly, so I decided to add it to these cookies to make them taste more autumn-y.
These cookies are plump, cakey, moist (sorry if you hate that word) and have a delectable texture. The chai-spiced frosting makes them even better. They also happen to be super easy to make! Here are the ingredients you need:
egg (or flax egg)
Soft-Baked Frosted Chai Pumpkin Cookies
Obsessed with all things pumpkin? You’ll love these simple, healthy cookies! They’re soft baked, fluffy, and full of pumpkin, chai flavor. Complete with a chai frosting, these cookies will be a hit! Also paleo and vegan friendly.
- 4 chai tea bags
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 egg or flax egg
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut cream(or softened cream cheese)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- remaining 1/4 chai tea spice
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut off top of chai tea bags and pour insides into coffee grinder. Grind tea until fine granules and set 1/4 side for frosting.
- Combine almond flour, baking soda and chai tea granules in a large bowl. Combine almond butter, egg, maple syrup and pumpkin in small bowl and mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well, . Spoon batter into 12-15 cookies. Bake for 15 minutes, or until done.
- Let cool. To make frosting, whisk together all ingredients and slather on top of cookies.
Like This Recipe? Pin For Later!
You May Also Like:
Question of the day:
Do you like baking with pumpkin?