Apple pie is the unofficial, official pie of America, according to me. Every holiday, every cookout, it’s always there, waiting to be eaten. Those plump, sugary, cinnonaminy, apples with that sweet, buttery and crumbly crust. Nothing can beat the taste of fresh made apple pie, it’s pure bliss. Apple pie is loaded with sugar, way too much since apples are sweet enough, not to mention the high calorie and fat content in a small slice. Plus, we all know that no one eats 1/12 of a pie, more like 1/4. This recipe contains no added sugar what so ever, just a touch of honey. You can’t beat the taste of cinnamon baked apples with an oat “crust” and Greek yogurt “whipped cream.” Take one bite of these oats and you’ll experience a pleasant sensation happening in your mouth, I promise you.
Apple Pie Layered Oats
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/2 large apple, cut up into small pieces
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup vanilla or plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. honey
1. Cook oats and honey with 1/2 cup water and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes or until fully cooked
2. In a separate bowl, microwave apple pieces and cinnamon
3. In a bowl or glass jar, place 1/2 of oatmeal on bottom
4. Top with 1/2 the baked apples
5. Place 1/2 yogurt on top apples
6. Place rest of oats on top yogurt
7. Place rest of apples on top of oats
8. Put rest of yogurt on top.
- Vitamins, mineral, antioxidants
- No added sugar
- No preservatives
- Low fat
Apple pie flavor and none of the fat, sugar and preservatives? I’m in!