Every morning I make my Dad breakfast. I know I don’t have to, but I like to make life a little easier for him so he can have a hassle-free morning. My Dad is a big eater, meaning he will eat literally anything and everything. He especially has a sweet tooth for cakes and pies. I wanted to make him something extra special for breakfast this morning and decided to recreate one of his favorite pies for a sweet surprise. Banana creme pie, in my opinion, is the absolute best pie known to man. The flavor of the banana and vanilla wafers blend together into a wonderful explosion in your mouth. Unfortunately it’s very high in fat and calories, plus a ton of preservatives add up to this pie’s downside. The good news, however, is I made a healthy breakfast version of this dessert, so not only can you enjoy the same flavors without the fat,sugar and calories, but you can also enjoy it for breakfast! This healthy replica of this dessert will satisfy your sweet-tooth and all of your body’s needs in one shot!
Banana Creme Pie Oats
- 1/2 cup dry oats
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 small banana, cut into slices
- 1 tbsp. crushed walnuts
1. Place oats and water in a bowl and microwave for about 1 1/2-2 minutes
2. Place yogurt in a small bowl and mix in honey and vanilla extract
3. Get a jar, or another bowl and start to layer ingredients. Place 1/2 of the oatmeal on the bottom, then place 1/2 the banana slices on top of the oats. Next, place all of the yogurt mixture on top of bananas. Place rest of oatmeal on top of yogurt and top off with the remaining banana slices and crushed walnuts.
- Lots of fiber
- Vitamins and minerals
- Low glycemic carbs
- No added sugar or preservatives
This decadent breakfast will be guaranteed to fill your stomach, and your taste buds. Comment your favorite flavor of pie and I will recreate it into a healthy, yet tasteful breakfast!